THE CAMERA. Elliott's point of view/ Jo's point of view


 Is it really that big of a deal? Jo has had her camera for years and loves to take pictures. It makes any walk more fun for her. I know that.  For her 60th or 55th birthday I asked a friend for some advice knowing she wanted to upgrade. Jo heard me on the phone and said she didn't want a new camera.

I have slight OCD. So for me I was afraid I would obsess about the pics I took and what I should do with them😱. Friends said just enjoy them or print out a favorite. As a matter of fact I have done that and have a sunset hanging as well as pictures of a recent Moab trip. 

I have let go of this particular OCD. Elliott knows I want to join the photography club if clubs open before I die. I spend way too much time thinking about cameras.

My ex-wife started a million things and never finished. Is that why I put that same burden on Jo? She took up knitting and made beautiful blankets she gave to friends and the grand kids. She has always finished jigsaw puzzles until the last two! She wanted to become a personal trainer. We spent the money and she worked even while having a full time job at Head Start with three kids still at home.

Elliott on the other hand was going to take up the guitar. Is he on his second purchase? Not to mention the lessons I bought him as a gift🤔

Did I mention the ukulele and ukulele lessons or the scuba diving course that got him certified but because of a panic attack there were a whopping two dives. Do I criticize the electric bike he bought? Twice now he's had to be picked up due to a flat tire.

Jo wanted an electric bike. She used to be a strong biker. ..as in getting up a hill in Block Island I had to walk up. I just wanted to make sure she would use it (because she has a history of that)!!! 

What??? really? You do have me mixed up with a loser and I detest and resent that. 

Jo decided on her own not to get the bike. 

I tried to picture myself riding and wondered when and where this would happen. I also let go of the metal detector I've wanted for years because it isn't practical given the two dogs and stuff we take to the beach as well as the sand dunes we have to climb.

So I do believe his reaction to my getting a new camera (no I do not have an iPhone or ipad) was weird. *We don't travel anymore " Elliott said. Was that a dig because he blames me for the selling of the RV? 

AT THIS POINT FRANKLY MY DEAR I JUST DON'T CARE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like