Finally my pathology report!

 3/28/2022

I was getting really concerned but around 9:00 pm the pathology report came in. With it was a  layperson's explanation of what it meant and an apology from Dr Baker because it took so long.

Good news first:

No more surgery

Breast margins are clear

Don't need chemo


Bad news:

The lymph node that was removed had cancer. Because of this I will need my entire breast and armpit area radiated. We were hoping for  partial radiation because if it comes back in a different place in that breast, I could have radiation but now if that happened, it's a mastectomy.

Also about radiation. It can cause flare ups in autoimmune diseases so I expect to be in more pain and more tired than tired.

We are talking to the medical oncologist tomorrow and the radiologist next week so we'll have a better idea of the radiation schedule. It's possible I could need four weeks instead of three of radiation. We have to get to the east coast as soon as we are told we can leave. 

The thought of having some type of hormone inhibiter in me while already nauseous from the ride in an rv is not a pleasant thought. The medical oncologist can change my meds if I'm having a really hard time.


Oh and to top it off Elliott has shingles!!

 

News changes quickly. We spoke with the medical oncologist who asked my permission to send the node for an onco type. Depending on the results I might need chemo. I am having a PET scan as well, This pushes our east coast trip a bit so I am overwhelmed and depressed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like