Day 0 of radiation treatment

 May 2, 2022

It's been a while but it is HERE NOW!!

This morning we met with a very nice P.A., Alicia, who spent an hour with us teaching us more than I ever thought I would need to know about the dreadful lymphedema! That wasn't enough; however. We then went home and watched a 45 minute video on this topic. Tomorrow we are meeting with ANOTHER person who will be explaining compression sleeves and everything else we may have missed today! That is an hour and a half appointment. I really have to question how people do this during their lunch time. 

I was very worried because my "dry run" was postponed because of service issues but I did get in just a bit later. I was shown where to go to change and wait to be called. This is apparently where I meet friends. 

I was taken to the same machine as previously but this time measurements were taken and x-rays and a gazillion other things. Dr. K came in and everyone was impressed by how well I did.....seriously...holding my breath for 20 seconds seven time is easy for a scuba diver but not so much for me. Still I was a success. 

Today was day 0. In case you are wondering I still can't wrap my head around this. When talking with one of the team members he told me there is no rhyme or reason. He has seen vegetarians, elite athletes and obese smokers! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like