On the Road Again!

I must start by saying this was a horrible day for women. The Supreme Court overturned Roe V Wade, something that had been threatened but never thought would happen. 



 Finally- Today is June 25, 2022 and we left last Thursday the 23rd and it feels like a year. I used to get paid to review anything. Fitness equipment was my big money maker but I wrote about every place we went, every restaurant in which we ate, ever appliance I used. I was number 1 at epinions.com, which no longer exists.  I am quite happy I can do things and enjoy it not write a review in my head while watching a movie. 

Our first stop was Nevada and after spending hours trying to find a campground with an open site we gave up. I think the end for me was the dusty campground with a confederate flag on a car. In any case the man working was helpful and he did lead us to a legitimate rest stop that allowed camping for 24 hours .I will say the restaurant/bar smelled yummy. 

We didn't sleep well since it seems they empty the trash, etc. in the middle of the night - seriously.

Next adventure was through Salt Lake City the next night. We drove past the salt flats. Years ago we went swimming in Salt Lake. Hanna was still with us. Can't say it was the best swimming we've had - quite the opposite. 

This might be a good time to introduce the characters:

Elliott is the man of the house and driver of our Forest River Forrester 2041 2017. Our rig is Willie. (In honor of  Willie Nelson.) We had a 34- foot motorhome and sold Georgie a Georgetown, which we have mixed feelings about. The real benefit of Willie is we can drive around towns without a toad (towable vehicle) but for this trip we have Tony, Elliott's Fiat attached to us.

Jo, that's me. I'm in charging of attempting to find places to stay and when the dogs get antsy I take a nap with them in the bed

Cloey and Zoey are our 10-year old sisters. Breed is Havanese. They are adorable. 

Our destination is New York where we'll stay for the first week near our friends. Our youngest daughter got a job in New York City so this will be the first time our girls are in the same state let alone city in a very long time. 

The next day we went to a very cute town called Winnemucca where we got coffee and were for sure in buckaroo country. 

We have gone across this country several times. In 2004 we went for 11 weeks; 2007 15 weeks and then when we went to see the baby in CA which we dead headered to.  Once we got to Sacramento I got a call that my mom passed. We flew home and then flew back but then we had to go back to Massachusetts since Elliott was still teaching.  It's pretty foggy in my mind because I had just lost my mom. 

We entered Wyoming at 10:30am after a horrible, cold night' sleep since we didn't have hookups. The next day Elliott figured we would be in Laramie so he was able to make a reservation, which is where we are now and we have electricity and all the comforts of home. 

Willie has a much smaller gas tank than Georgie did so we stop quite often for gas. Even with diesel gas is a lot less money than in CA. I will continue with this journey as I have wifi and will share some very boring pictures! 



I will end with some quotes that mean something to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like