Radiation #30 Done!! and super quotes from my soul to yours about familial relationships

 Yay, it was great to wake up today knowing I don't have radiation, a doctor's appointment or need a scan! I am getting together with three great friends. 

I have to see my radiation oncologist in a week, and I have follow-up appointments with the lymphedema person and my medical oncologist. Here's to my exemestane, which I will start tomorrow at dinner time not giving me intolerable side effects! 

Elliott used to say, "What if we get estranged from the adult kids?" We moved to CA to see the little ones grow up. I thought he was silly to ever think that. We were there for them 24/7 - babysitting, watching Dylan when they forgot his passport for a family vacation in Mexico. Now in the time of our neediest they have stopped talking with us. I text Elliott's son (my step-























son) so we can see the kids but from Jessica nothing. From the get-go we never got a text (How are you doing?) a card from the kids, a meal sent from the local Thai restaurant. Nothing. It is hard to wrap our heads around this meanness (unless you know the real Jessica). Elliott had shingles at this time and couldn't walk. Our daughter has serious health issues (They did send her something.) but for us NOTHING. We were told that we chose health over relationships, so she just decided this was a good time to ghost us. So mean, so mean. She doesn't even have time to rock the 2-year old to sleep. She leaves it up to the au pair or one of the nannies. We are actively looking for a place in NYC since our youngest daughter just got a job there. We will be snowbirds. 

That's all the news fit to print. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like