Decided on a Surgeon: First Step

 2/10/2022

I really can't say enough positive things about Alyssa. 

It's a long road ahead for sure. We have an appointment with my surgeon February 28th. That is the pre-op assuming my BRCA comes back negative. We have lots to do but deciding on a surgeon was step 1. Next step is getting cleared from my primary care physician for surgery, have the genetic testing, have blood work done, surgery (which surgery will not be decided until my genetic tests come back) and then an oncologist, probably radiation - I'm figuring this may be finished around June and we can still get to Canada this summer. 

We are so thankful to our daughter who sent Dr. Baker our way. She is a woman who only does breast surgery.  The Oncology Building at Sutter was very impressive. It was clean, modern and everyone was so very nice. The highly educated and knowledgeable P.A. spent well over an hour with us. She showed us my scans, had data, etc. I  over with different treatment options. 

For anyone interested this is my pathology report:



ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeFlag
ACCESSION:
DPMG ACCESSION: DPS-22-01740
CLINICAL DATA:
N63.0
SPECIMEN:
A) LEFT BREAST 9:00 MEDIAL MASS MRI
DIAGNOSIS:
BREAST, LEFT 9:00 MEDIAL, MRI-GUIDED NEEDLE BIOPSY: INVASIVE MAMMARY/DUCTAL
CARCINOMA, SEE NOTE.
NOTE:
Sections show invasive mammary/ductal carcinoma. If the biopsy is
representative of the tumor then it is grade 1 (estimated SBR of 5). Invasive
carcinoma measures at least 0.4 cm in greatest linear dimension. ER, PR and
HER2/neu studies will be performed on the block A1 and the results will be
reported separately.

This case was reviewed by Dr. Long Li who concurs. A message was left with
the office of Dr. Nelsen on 01/26/22 at 5:26 PM.
GROSS DESCRIPTION:

Placed in a clear cylindrical mesh device in formalin at 0910 in a container
labeled with the patient's name and "left breast 9:00" is a 3.0 x 2.5 x 0.5 cm
aggregate of yellow to red-brown cores of fibrofatty tissue. The specimen is
filtered and entirely submitted between sponges in cassettes 1-3.

For my own record keeping:

I got a beautiful, huge binder from Sutter complete with a letter from a stranger (I will write one as well.), resources and really everything explained and any information I could ever want or need. I am really thankful that I chose Sutter and Dr. Baker. 





HER2 negatve estrogen/progesterone 100% Positive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar- What a great idea!!

Cancer: I'm Scared

After Surgery: What is it like